Advancing through the Program
Participants progress through levels by demonstrating inner strength, character, and the life and golf skills they have learned.
- Target (ages 5 and 6) – An introduction to the First Tee Life Skills Experience
- PLAYer (ages 7 and 8) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- Par (ages 9 and older) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course
- Birdie (minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality
- Eagle (minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community
Once a participants reaches the Par level, they must complete the certifications requirements to move to the next level.