ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM
Read below for a detailed description of our certification process. Click the button at the bottom for our certification requirements.
The primary purpose of The First Tee Certification is to ensure every participant at the Par, Birdie, and Eagle levels has acquired a designated level of golf and life skills proficiency. More specifically, we want to make sure your child is able to: (a) Understand and demonstrate life skills, such as interpersonal skills, self-management, goal-setting, and resilience skills; (b) Display a progression of golf skill acquisition and performance; and (c) Appreciate the importance of etiquette, The First Tee Code of Conduct, and the Rules of Golf. Certification is not a requirement to be a part of The First Tee, however, we feel this is the best way to measure your child’s progression with both their Life Skills and Golf Skills.
There are many benefits of becoming certified and moving through the levels at The First Tee. We have several opportunities with the LPGA Walmart Northwest Arkansas Championship,Golf to Paradise First Tee Champions Challenge, Participate in our Junior Advisory Council and Opportunity to participate in special events with The First Tee of Northwest Arkansas. There are also several national opportunities The First Tee provides.
Participants who are 7-8 will start at the PLAYer level. All participants who are 9 or older will start at the Par Level. At The First Tee of Northwest Arkansas, the Par level is group by 9-11 and 12-18. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (age 7-8) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.